Sunday, April 22, 2007

What an Anniversary!

Yesterday we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I can't believe 6 years has come and gone so quickly. It has been the best 6 years of my life and I am looking forward to many more fabulous years together.

We spent the day at our first Thunder Over Louisville celebration. This kicks of the Derby season. There will be events across town for the next few weeks until the Kentucky Derby takes place in May.

Yesterday's event made for a great anniversary celebration. I told Ed he set the bar high this time. He'll have to take me to Hawaii next year to top this one!!

Ed's company had a suite at the Galt House which is THE PLACE TO BE for Thunder. Our suite was front and center of the celebration. There was an air show all day leading up to the fireworks extravaganza that night. We had great seats on the balcony of the 9th floor literally right in front of the action. There is no other way to experience Thunder once you've done it like this. Catered food, great seats, no crowds to fight....I'm officially spoiled!! Here is an almost 3 minute video clip of the fireworks. It was a 28 minute show (the largest fireworks display in the nation!). It was unbelievable!! The video doesn't do it justice, but at least gives you an idea of what fun we had last night. And just to give you an idea of the magnitude of this display, this video clip is only 10 minutes into the display. The grand finale was incredible, but my memory card was already full by then. I wish I would've been able to get it on video, but this is pretty cool too.


0 comments: