Friday, April 18, 2008

All Shook Up

Nope, this isn't an entry about Elvis...it's about the earthquake this morning. Yep, that's right...there was a 5.2 earthquake in Illinois this morning that shook our house here in Indiana. It is the strangest feeling having your entire house shake. No damage was done since we are far enough from the epicenter, but I can only imagine what a "big one" would be like.

I find it very ironic that I lived in California for 4 years and had 1 earthquake in the 5.0 range. I have lived on the other side of the country for a while now and have had more quake activity. We've experienced this morning's quake and one when we were living in Atlanta.

I do know I'll take random earthquakes over hurricanes any day. Living on the coast has it's perks, but dreading hurricane season and having to evacuate your home is much worse than being rattled out of bed by a little quake.

0 comments: