Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Coming

Can you feel it? It's getting closer....I have contracted a bad case of it....it's The Christmas Bug. Yes, it finally found me though much later this year than most. I woke up with the Christmas spirit all over me this morning. Normally I get a little case of The Christmas Bug in July, but this year it didn't find me. I woke up this morning though thinking of Christmas music, decorations, holiday treats and the joy of the season. I did a quick search and discovered I only have 71 days to wait.

Princess E has inherited my love of Christmas. She sings Christmas carols throughout the year. She is quite confident that Santa is bringing her a camera this year (and of course she's right!). She is difficult to buy for though. She isn't like most kids that have an obsession with one particular type of toy (Barbie, Thomas the Train, Star Wars, etc.). I would love it if it were that easy. She's also like me in this area--very eclectic. So if anyone is searching for ideas for her this year I really won't be much help. She does love making crafts so pretty much anything from a craft store would be loved. She is wearing a size 6 if clothing is what you have in mind. She loves computer games (anything on a 1st grade level). She is also enjoying dressing up, but not in princess attire. She likes costumes--she has a doctor outfit and a pirate outfit she loves. So perhaps you hit up the Halloween section on Nov. 1st and see what you can find on sale. That's about all the tips I can give you. I'm saving the others for our own shopping list!

We would love to see any family that want to visit for the holidays. I know it's a long drive, but wouldn't seeing Princess E's face Christmas morning be worth it? Is this inducing any guilt yet? Come on....hop a plane, drive the car, just get here and enjoy the season with us!

1 comments:

Nikki said...

hahaha ~ I'm not too far behind you! Most years, I break out our Christmas music at the end of October! However, my guys gave me Casting Crowns' new Christmas cd for my birthday, so of course, we had to listen to it yesterday!