I can't begin to tell you how happy this article made me. I found in online from People magazine. So many time when celebrities adopt it is from overseas. While I certainly understand the needs of orphans overseas, there is such a need here within the foster system. It's refreshing to see a celebrity bring attention to the needs of these children as well.
from People magazine online:
Nia Vardalos, the breakout star of the 2002 hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding, has adopted a child.
The little girl, whose name has not been released, is the first for the 46-year-old actress and her husband, Ian Gomez, E! Online reports.
The couple adopted the toddler, who is less that 5 years old, several months ago.
"They are going public now to bring attention to National Adoption Month and the 500,000 children in foster care," according to a statement from Vardalos's rep. "Of these children, 129,000 are 'legally free' for adoption and waiting for a family."
The couple urge people interested in adoption to visit, AdoptUsKids.org.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
This Made Me Smile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment