As you know, Eden's adoption was finalized in December. We are thrilled that she has joined our family. She continues to remind us that there are so many children that need families to love them. When we decided to adopt we didn't have a number in mind as to how many children we wanted. We just stepped out in faith believing that the Lord would show us the way. He led us to Eden.
As foster parents we haven't had any long-term placements yet. We hoped when we got our license that God would enlarge our family that way--fostering then adopting if the child became available. We are again amazed by the way the Lord works. I won't share the entire story right now (it's pretty awesome), but I will tell you that another child may be in our future. We've been asked to interview for the placement of a beautiful 2 year old little girl. She is in foster care right now, but is needing to be moved to a foster-to-adopt home. We are thrilled! We go to interview along with 2 other families on January 28th and will know fairly soon after that if we have been chosen.
Nervous? Yes. Excited? Yes. Scared? Yes. Trusting that the Lord knows best? Absolutely! I'm trying not to get emotionally invested at this point in case we aren't chosen, but it is hard. I've already begun thinking about rearranging bedrooms, dug through old clothes to see what we have in her size, and have even thought about names should we get to adopt her. Doesn't sound like I'm doing a very good job staying disconnected, huh? What can I say? I'm a planner. It's what I do.
So please join us in prayer as we watch and see what the Lord has planned for our family.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
And Baby Bear Makes Three?
Posted by Fran at 9:08 AM
Labels: Adoption, Foster Children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
AWESOME! I will definitely be praying...keep us posted. :)
Grinning from ear to ear and joining you in prayer, friend. Much love ~
Oh Wow! I am thrilled at the prospect for you, Fran. Praying, dear friend.
Praying my friend.
How exciting!!!!!
Post a Comment