Friday, January 8, 2010

Procrastination For A Good Cause

Yesterday I knew that we would be getting 2-4 inches of snow. I made plans to tackle some projects around the house. Three days ago I got a burst of energy and decided to pull the girls' closet apart and pack away clothes that no longer fit Princess E but that will eventually become Eden's. Well my energy died out about the time I needed to go to the basement to bring up all of the storage boxes. I decided to take a break with "I'll finish this in a minute" running through my mind.

Here we are 3 days later.
CIMG1665
So with great intention I headed to the bedroom yesterday to finish this project. Just then I heard, "Mom can I go outside and play in the snow?". Well of course that's all the redirection I needed to leave this project yet another day! This is where I am thankful that big brother Elliott stepped in and took her outside to play--I don't like being that cold. I did step out though long enough to get some pictures and enjoy watching all the fun.

The Snowball Fight
snowball fight jan2010

Ready to Launch
ready to launch jan2010

So Much Fun!!
so fun! jan2010

My Little Snow Bunny
snow bunny jan2010

and Even Sadie Loved the Snow!
snow puppy jan2010

After the fun was over and the hot cocoa sipped, I thought about going back to my project. It didn't happen though. I opted to sit by the fire, watch cartoons with Princess E and make a memory. The reality is those clothes are still on the floor this morning, but they're patient. They're waiting for me today wondering if something else will call me away. Possible??? Absolutely. Life's to short to stress over some clothes on the floor.

So what are you stressing over that could stay on the floor one more day? What memory are you missing out on to "stay on task"? Enjoy your day today--that STUFF isn't going anywhere!! I promise it will be there waiting for you tomorrow. Procrastination isn't always a bad thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls loved looking at the pics of Emma! And they think Sadie is pretty cute. :)

MOM said...

I WANT THIS MUCH SNOW AT OUR HOUSE...OF COURSE, WE WOULD ONLY GET THE ICE.....HAPPY TO SEE THAT EMMA HAS A BIG BROTHER WHO WILL PLAY IN THE SNOW WITH HER.....KISSES TO YOU ALL