So I've been thinking about this blog...
Part of me says to just get rid of it because I only have about 4 readers. Part of me says I don't really have a very exciting life and that's WHY I have 4 readers. Then I started thinking that I only share the "big" stuff going on in my life (which is pretty limited). Why? Because the day-to-day stuff seems pretty boring even to me and I'm the one living it! Not that I think my life is boring--I love my life. I just haven't found an interesting way to talk about doing laundry and buying groceries. But then I started thinking about how people don't really "know" each other these days. We don't know our neighbors. We only know what people share on networking sites and blogs. It sort of makes for a false sense of who a person is and the life that they are living. You can be whomever you choose through these forms of media. So I made a decision.
To honor my 4 readers, I am going to try to post something at least every other day but hopefully every day. Now I will not guarantee that it is going to be interesting. I will guarantee that it will be a peek inside my life, my head, my house and my day. I will certainly continue to share the "big" stuff, but I'll try to get in the small things too. The only thing that I ask is that you leave me the occasional comment. Come on....throw the girl a bone. I just need a little "blog love" to keep me motivated!
So I'm off to begin thinking about creative ways to share the mundane. My 4 lucky readers get to be the guinea pigs for what I hope will become an honest look into the life of a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom. I know y'all are thrilled!!
See you tomorrow...(or if I'm inspired maybe later today!)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
To blog or not to blog....that is the question
Posted by Fran at 7:00 AM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Love you, Fran, and am always so glad to hear from you! I'm so glad you're sticking around!
I love that you don't think that your life is boring. I want to be counted in one the four that you consider a reader. God is so good to us providing so much for us to be grateful for every day. So keep the faith you are the best. Loving you more every minute of every day Fran!
Eddie
Fran, I love that you are going to post the "little" stuff too. All those little things are what make up our lives...and they aren't so little afterall. :) Love you friend! I've been thinking of you the past few days...and praying for you. The Lord has brought you to mind several times. Email me...let me know how you are!
Mrs. Fran,
I just love your blog. Even tho we share alot of our things in person once we have coffee together but they are few and seem far apart lately. So girly keep up your blog. I wish I had it in me to be so creative to let others know what the world is going on with us. Love you...Go girl.
Love seeing the pictures of life as it goes on around you.......Wish we had some big snow here to play in...kiss the girls for me
Post a Comment