It's been a while since I updated this blog. Our life has been all about cancer these last few months. I have been doing most of my writing on my cancer blog. I wanted to come here to share some news with everyone.
As you know we have been pursuing the adoption of a little girl we named Ellie. In fact, my last post about her was to tell you she'd be moving in. Well, she's been with us since the end of February. She's precious and everyone that meets her falls in love with her. However, cancer again has changed everything. After MANY tears, much discussion and prayer, Ed and I have decided to stop the adoption process for this little girl. I don't want to discuss this decision in great detail as it is a very personal and a very difficult decision for our family. I just felt that everyone needed to know the status of our family. Ed and I will no longer be pursing any other children to adopt and will no longer be accepting foster placements. While God's plan has been practically impossible to see these last few months, I continue to trust that He knows best and that there is PURPOSE behind all things.
She left this morning and the void is evident. Please pray for her as she transitions into life with a new family yet again.








7 comments:
This is Amanda K from the FIAR boards.
My family went through the same thing last June. The little girl that we had for 9 months, who we thought was going to be ours, left. It was a decision we had to make, which makes it 10x's harder than if the system had decided on it. It has left a huge hole in our hearts. I'm not sure we will ever fully get over losing her. Over the past 11 months, the Lord has helped to heal our hearts. Not completely, but we're getting there. We will be praying for your family.
My dear sweet Fran, please know that you and Ed are in our prayers and realize that this was not an easy decision. We support you, love you and pray for you during this difficult time. All of my love, Theresa
Fran and Ed,
I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I know this was a terrible and tough decision and she does leave quite a void. If you ever need to talk, I would listen. Hugs to you both.
Praying for peace and healing in your hearts over this difficult decision. She made a big impression on us, praying God protects her and heals her as well.
Stay positive and know you always have our love and support!
Philippians 4:4-9
Most Importantly
Philippians 4:13
Oh Fran, my heart breaks for you guys more and more. I had wondered about Ellie but didn't have the heart to ask for fear of bad news. I am just so very, very sorry. As wrong and unfair as my SIL's Macy's life is right now...the one thing I cling to and BELIEVE with all my heart is that God is still God. I still believe He is good. And I believe He has a plan for each of us -- including Macy and including you -- that is for our good. I just keep placing my faith in Him and surrendering my human reaction to question and grow bitter on behalf of you and Macy. I just can't imagine all you are facing...but I know that God is with you every step of the way. I'm praying that He gives you tangible comfort, peace and love in the coming days and weeks. Love you friend!!
I've wondered about this. I know it was incredibly heart-wrenching. Praying for your comfort in regard to her.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday Fran with all your family and friends that are visiting! Wish I could be up there celebrating with y'all! Love and miss you!
Love, Pat Howington
Post a Comment