I warned you. I told you it was coming. I said, "After the birthday party is over, Christmas is ON!". Yes, I'm fully aware that Halloween hasn't even arrived yet. I know Thanksgiving is just around the corner. For me though the SEASON has begun. I've started shopping and thinking about traditions and decorating. All of my Christmas cheer can be avoided if you follow my blog via email or using a reader. You'll miss the Christmas music and the blog "decorations". What fun is that though?? If you normally don't read directly from my blog site you need to at least go check it out once to enjoy the festivities happening at Happily Ever After. Once you've had your fill of Christmas cheer, you can go back to the old boring way you read my blog. I don't mind. I understand that not everyone LOVES this season as much as me.
Normally we put up our tree Thanksgiving weekend. This year though, we will just be getting home from our visit with family in Texas. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do a Thankful Tree again this year.
Emma really enjoyed it last year. And as it did last year, it will give me a reason to have my tree up BEFORE Thanksgiving. So now the question is WHEN to put it up? We are starting our Thanksgiving Unit next week. We will be studying all about Pilgrims and Native Americans, turkey and being thankful. Then we will end the unit by traveling home for the holiday. Doesn't it make sense to start the Thankful Tree next week too? I'm thinking so. Plus it gives me a reason to get my tree up before Halloween! Crazy? Maybe. But you know what, it's one of the perks of being a grown-up with your own house.
So I'm off to the the store this morning to buy a few groceries and of course some Christmas lights. You can never have to many lights....ask Ed. He'll agree.
*singing*
Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
Fill up the stocking,
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.
Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;
So climb down the chimney;
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Christmas is ON
Posted by Fran at 7:23 AM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I Love It and I Love You.
Thanks for making it fun.
Ed (your Santa's little helper)
Whoa! I do remember that you love an early Christmas season...and I remember the tree tumbling last year?? Thanks for making me smile today, friend.
This post just wanted to make me say "Love you, friend" and I love your holiday spirit. I really, really love Christmas too!! But David won't allow me to put up the tree this early. hee hee.
Love, you make this holiday season so delightful and I can't wait to celebrate it with you all this year. I just love this Thanksgiving tree idea as well but I don't think I will be in on it this year possible next with the move coming so quickly. Your the best friend ever. I love you a whole bunches.
Di (one of your best friends).
I love your Thanksgiving tree idea, Fran! Oh, how I love Christmas! Rejoicing with you, friend!
Katie
Post a Comment