Hotel living is beginning to take it's toll. While I am enjoying having someone bring me fresh towels and linens once a week, I really miss my own bed and my kitchen. I have a little two-burner stove here, but I don't do much cooking. It's just a hassle with not enough pots and pans, the lack of a fully stocked kitchen and just room to do the cooking. We are eating out most nights for dinner and even that "luxury" is now old. It's funny how perspective changes everything. Six weeks ago I would have said eating out and not cooking would be "the life". Not so much...I really do miss cooking.
The main thing that has been no fun in the hotel in sickness. We're never sick, but I guess with recirculating germs through the ventilation of hundreds of rooms the odds are stacked against us. Emma thankfully just has a small runny nose. Ed and I have suffered the brunt of it. We haven't really felt bad--just think nasty head cold with coughing. It is just lingering and I have the sneaky suspicion that we won't truly "recover" until we get out of this hotel. All the more reason to get that house sold!
We've had many showings on the house, but no offers yet. This is encouraging and discouraging at the same time. We continue to trust God that He has it worked out and will reveal the plan in His time. We are going to try to go look at some houses here (if we are feeling better) this weekend.
So if you think of us, please continue to pray for the sale of our house and for renewed health and spirits in this little hotel room in Kentucky.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Hotel Living
Posted by Fran at 9:08 AM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment