Monday, March 19, 2007

A New Beginning

I thought I'd start a new blog to keep everyone updated. This move to Kentucky feels like a fresh start. While the birth of Princess E was a high point in our stay in Houston, the looming shadow of my cancer experience overshadows most things. I am happy to get away and start fresh...a new house, a new part of the country, new church, etc. I am sad to be leaving so much family behind, but you don't have to be close in body to be close in heart. We will do our best to visit often and hope that many of you will take advantage of our move and come to the beautiful state of Kentucky too. You might never have come here otherwise, right?

I will try to keep this blog updated with pictures of Princess E and of our new adventures "up north". Although I find it interesting that most people we've talked to consider Kentucky to be "in the south". South of what I'm not sure...now Houston, that is "south". A wise friend said that maybe it has to do with Kentucky's position during the Civil War. Was Kentucky fighting for the south? I'm not sure, but I guess I need to research it more, huh?

Anyway, I digress...I hope you find this blog helps you stay connected with us. I can't promise each entry will be exciting, in fact, it is safe to assume that most entries will be about the mundane events of daily life. Hopefully even reading the mundane happenings will help it to feel like we live next door and not 1000 miles away.

Much love to everyone!

0 comments: