My mom sent me an email the night before Emma was born. It captured the essence of motherhood and now 3.5 years later as I read it I just sit and nod my head. I thought I'd share it here for mother's everywhere.
WELL, JUST ONE MORE DAY AND YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME....YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DRINK OUT OF YOUR OWN GLASS AGAIN, CALL A PLATE YOUR OWN,SPEND ANY ALONE TIME IN THE BATHROOM OR TALK ON THE PHONE WITHOUT SOMEONE WANTING TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT NOTHING AT ALL. BUT THAT IS JUST THE FUN STUFF...THINK OF ALL THE TIME YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE ZOO, THE MUSEUM,TEACH EMMA TO SKATE AND COLOR IN THE LINES...THIS WILL BE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE...THEY GROW SO QUICKLY AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU ARE BEING TOLD THAT YOU WILL BE A GRANDMA YOURSELF. ENJOY HER NOW AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES BECAUSE SHE WILL CHANGE SO MUCH AS SHE GROWS..PREPARE YOURSELF FOR SLUMBER PARTIES, PHONE CALLS, BOYS, AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS THAT LIFE WILL THROW AT YOU....ALWAYS REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE AND LOOK AT THINGS THROUGH HER EYES..SHE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, AS I DO.....I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND KNOW YOU WILL BE A WONDERFUL MOTHER...LOVE MOM
Isn't that a perfect description of being a mom?
Thank you Mom. I love you dearly. Happy Mother's Day!!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Mother's Day
Posted by Fran at 10:32 AM
Labels: Holidays and Birthdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment