As most of you know, Princess E has a rather extensive vocabulary for a little girl with 3.5 years under her belt. I enjoy that she speaks so well as it makes communicating simple. It often saddens me though that she never really went through the phase of mispronouncing things. You know...spa-sketti for spaghetti and such. When she does come across a word that she doesn't get right, it actually makes me smile. I am reminded that she's only 3 not 12 like she acts so much of the time. She has 3 words that have been wrong from the get-go, and no matter how many times you say it correctly it still comes out wrong.
our dog Roscoe = "roc-o-s"
iguana = "go-anna"
and my old favorite is: magazine = "maz-a-geen"
Well she has now come across a new one that is my current favorite. I think everyone is familiar with Tinkerbell from Peter Pan. You know the sweet little pixie whose pixie-dust is used to help you fly.
Well Princess E was outside on her swingset and was flying high when she told me that she had been sprinkling "PINK-SY" dust on herself. Pinksy dust....I love it. Stay a little girl a little while longer sweet Emma.
Friday, July 6, 2007
New Vocabulary Word
Posted by Fran at 4:30 PM
Labels: Princess E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment