We have officially submitted our homestudy to adopt two little girls. Now before you get super-excited, it's only the beginning of the process. Just because we submitted our homestudy doesn't mean we will be selected to adopt these children. Now we will be in limbo while we wait for the powers-that-be to review our information and determine if we are a "good fit" for them.
We have known about these two little girls since this spring. They are older than we initially thought we wanted, but the Lord's ways are not ours. I printed their picture off of the internet and posted in on my fridge. Every day I would walk by it, pray for them to find a family and then move on. Last week it was different. I looked up at the picture and felt that nudge from the Lord, "these are your girls". I hesitate to write that only because if for some reason we don't adopt these girls I don't want it to appear as if the Lord nudged me incorrectly. He knows who the family will be for these children. I only follow where I feel He leads me. I don't know what will come from this little nudge, but I'm sure it will be mighty, glorious, wonderful.
I won't give their names or location for privacy purposes, but I feel comfortable giving you their first initials. The oldest girl is 8 and her initial is C. The younger girl is 6 and her initial is M. We don't know much about them other than the little blurb you get on the website where they are listed. They are precious though and we are excited to see how the Lord moves. Will these be Princess E's new sisters? Will I now be the mom to 3 girls? It's so exciting to think about, but I am trying to stay grounded and not let my emotions get the better of me. Submitting our homestudy truly is the first step in a journey of a thousand.
We will keep you posted as we know more. Please pray for C and M. They are two beautiful girls that need a mom and dad to love them. My prayer is that we will be that mom and dad.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Following the Lord's Leading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Yes and Amen.
Thanks for your being obedient and being lead of the Lord. I am blessed and highly favored by the Lord to be married to you.
You are my blessing every day.
Yours faithfully and truly Ed
Awww, what a sweet message from your hubby! :)
I have been thinking of ya'll and praying! I'm itching to know more...I know you must be much more eager than me! :)
Keep us posted!
Candace
Post a Comment