I haven't talked much about our homeschool before. It hasn't been a "formal" program up to this point because Princess E isn't old enough to go to public school. In fact, due to her late birthday she wouldn't be starting school until next fall. For those of my readers that know her, you know she is already well beyond Kindergarten material. This time next year who knows where she will be.
Several of her friends from church that attend public school started Kindergarten this week. Preparing for that, we began lightly doing "Kindergarten" in June. We are now in full swing and loving it. We will be schooling year-round. She is really enjoying our classes so far. These are the curriculum choices we are using:
My Father's World 1st Grade
We use this for her handwriting, bible study and science. This has many hands-on activities which she loves to do. It also has some reading and math, but I use the following curriculum instead for those subjects.
Reading Made Easy
We actually started this last fall and are 1/2 way through this book. She is already reading quite well, and should be reading on a 2nd grade level by the time we finish this book in the spring.
Horizons Math K
This book is actually a little below her level, but I wanted to start her off easy to build her confidence in Math. She's doing great and it is her favorite subject.
We are supplementing with Five in a Row .
This is a wonderful curriculum that I will use more thoroughly as she gets a bit older. It is so rich in lessons and content that I want to make sure she's old enough to really appreciate it.
So that's a little look into our homeschool. Here is her picture on the first day of Kindergarten.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Our Homeschool
Posted by Fran at 4:56 PM
Labels: Homeschooling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Oh what a pretty little kindergartner you have!! Precious!!
U should have been a teacher.You taught me everything I know.Bad example! Your patience is amazing.I want to be like you when I grow up.Miss you guys.
Post a Comment