Monday, October 6, 2008

And Then There Was One

Thomas went home to his Dad today. Little Monkey will be with us at least another week according to the social worker. So how has it been? Challenging to say the least. I am standing firm in my stance that I am not designed for boys. The Lord knew I needed a girl so that's what he gave me. I don't know why boys are such a foreign thing to me, but I'm going to trust my instincts and probably turn down any future placements with boys. Thomas was a good kid and I was ready for him to go home so I can't imagine what it would be like to get a truly "troubled" foster care boy. It's still nice knowing that that I had the opportunity to pray over him for his protection, his future and his salvation some day.

Now little Monkey, she's a handful. She's crawling and pulling up. She's as cute as a button! I'll be very sad to see her go. Princess E has fallen in love too. She has been such a helper with bottles, diapers and entertaining her. It became quickly obvious that she (like me) needs girls in the house.

So I'm off to get some baby love and change a stinky diaper....yep, I had forgotten about those. Wow--something so small and such a big mess! Isn't motherhood great?!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Love your blog's new look! Beautiful!

I'm so thankful that your lives got to intersect with these two little ones. It made me tear up to read how you've been providing, not only for their physical and emotional needs, but how you've been praying for them, too.

As you know, I live with all boys, and I STILL don't understand 'em! :) Praying for God's continued leading and guidance as you wait upon Him.

Much love ~

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your new blog is gorgeous!! :) Did you do it yourself?

I'm thankful for your prayers over these children. :) May God continue to bless you with the perfect children to come across your path.

Anonymous said...

ok, duh, just scrolled down and saw your blog design logo by Danielle. :) It is still beauiful none-the-less!!

Fran said...

Candace, I wish I was talented enough to make my blog look so pretty. I finally got tired of messing with it and found Danielle's business through Angie's "Bring The Rain" blog. I just fell in love with Danielle's work. I'm very happy with it and now I can just leave it alone and blog instead!