Yesterday was my first full day with the kids. It was a good day, but not without it's troubles.
Princess E loves the baby except when she cries. She also loves Thomas when he's quiet which just happens to be never. They played about an hour yesterday morning before she decided she didn't like all the noise he made. We knew she was sensitive to loud noises, but weren't aware "boy noise" was going to trouble her so.
Monkey should be renamed Cling-On. I'm not sure if she's accustomed to just being carried all day or if she's so happy someone will pick her up that she's not going to let you put her down. We had a rough night last night. She ended up sleeping on my chest most of the night which of course didn't provide much quality sleep for me. Other than her need to be held though, she's a sweetie. I am going to try to find a sling or baby carrier of some sort today so I can just strap her to me.
Thomas was a bit of a different story. He is a good boy, but as stated before he's loud. We only had one major meltdown yesterday. I told him no about something and he proceeded to wail "I want my mommy" for about 5 minutes. It was a moment to see what you're truly made of!! I think I passed, but I felt the gray hairs sprouting from my scalp!
Their caseworker also called last night to inform us that she had spoken with the mom and Thomas is lactose intolerant. Well that's just great considering he's had 3 glasses of milk today! I haven't seen how it bothers him though so we'll see I guess.
So I say all that to say this....I don't want you to read this as if it's a bad experience. I just want to be honest for those out there that may be considering fostering too. It has been challenging, but every morning is fresh and new. While I wanted to throw in the towel about 2 a.m. this morning, now that I up with my coffee I have new courage to face the day. (Of course the kids aren't up yet so I reserve the right to retract that statement at any given moment!!)
Saturday, October 4, 2008
The Morning After
Posted by Fran at 6:46 AM
Labels: Foster Children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment