Last night we got the call for our first emergency placement--a 4 year old boy and a 9 month old girl. They are the cutest kids! Due to privacy issues I can't post pictures or names so I'll give them nicknames for my readers. The little boy loves Thomas the Train so for the blog he will be Thomas. The little girl is 9 months old, but is about the size of a tiny 6 month old. She holds onto you like a little monkey so we'll call her Monkey.
We had a good first night although it's strange to have a little one in the house again. Monkey was up a couple of times and Thomas woke up twice. Everyone went back to sleep fairly quickly except for me. Between kids and a nice sinus problem (I think due to skunk), I didn't sleep much last night.
Thomas may not be with us long as his father is asking for custody. We'll know more in the next few days. Monkey may be with us a bit longer.
Princess E is in heaven. I know she will be going full steam ahead when she wakes up today. She'll have someone to play with and she's already being "a big sister" to Monkey. All in all it's been a good experience so far.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Got kids? Why Yes We Do!
Posted by Fran at 6:10 AM
Labels: Foster Children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
:happycry: Rejoicing with you, friend! I'm praying for all of you this morning and sending lots of love! Have a happy, fun-filled day!
Oh, I'm so excited for you all!! Can't wait to hear more about your fun days with 2 new little ones!
Post a Comment