Friday, December 5, 2008

When You Wish Upon A Star

Princess E turned 5 just a few weeks ago. Five is such a great age. It's the age of new found independence. She can do so many things now without my help. She is growing up so quickly and has opinions about just about everything.

As I've mentioned before these are also the prime Santa Claus years. Although I'm sad to report she's already asking the tough questions and doubting his existence. What 5 year old analyzes the facts and comes to the conclusion that Santa isn't real? She's still believing, but I don't think we will get to ride the Santa Claus Train for many more years.

Armed with this knowledge and an deal we couldn't refuse, we decided to book our trip to

Disney World
disneyworld

We are heading to Orlando on February 7th for a fun-filled week of MAGIC! With Princess E's analytical brain expanding by the minute, we decided to get the maximum Disney experience we'd better make it happen sooner than later. We're hoping she's still impressed with the characters, the princesses, the Magic that is Disney.

To make the trip more magical we are going to keep it a secret. My hope is that she won't know where we are going until we arrive there. She's observant enough that she'll notice me packing and ask questions about our plans, but I'm hoping to divert her to other things. We'll see...wish me luck.

So now I'm off to make a million plans. I am a planner by nature and an information junkie. There are several websites with tips, discussion boards, etc. to give me all the information I need and I'm sure plenty of information that I don't. I'm going to try to keep my notes contained to a few pages instead of the binder I could probably assemble. Am I a dork or what?!

Mickey Mouse here we come!

0 comments: