Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Fever

What is it about Spring that gets people all stirred up? Is it the hope of warmer weather? The sense of renewal from spring flowers? I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am experiencing it too this year.

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you know that I am a Fall kinda girl. I love the colors, smells, foods, etc. Spring normally doesn't stir up much excitement for me. I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival this year though. I am excited that the time is changing this weekend. I have big plans to spend my extra daylight hours walking the track at school with Ed in the evening. I am excited to know that the first flowers will soon begin to bloom. All of the birds that visit our feeders are buzzing about with Spring on their wings too. There is a pair of bluebirds scoping out the bird box that Pa made for me. I'm hopeful that they will make it their home this spring.

This time of year we also sit down and coordinate our calendars for our camping excursions. We don't necessarily know where we will be going, but we block off the weekends in advance. We do know that we will be going to Mammoth Cave State Park in May. We also know that we will be making a very special trip in June. We are going to take a trip up north so that I can meet Nikki. I've "known" Nikki since my cancer diagnosis. We "met" through my homeschool message board. She started ministering to me through cards and emails as I went through treatment. She was a light to me when I was in a very dark place. I love her. I have longed for the day that I will get to meet her in person and hug her sweet neck. Nikki, I know you are reading this and I can't even begin to express how excited I am that we are coming your way!!

The rest of our camping destinations are still unplanned, but we'll nail them down soon enough.

I also felt the need to update my blog design to reflect the light spring feeling in the air. I have added a section called Upcoming Events to the sidebar to give you a glimpse into some of our plans. March is a fairly slow month, but starting in April we are booked every weekend! I have a feeling spring is going to fly by and summer will be here before you know it.

I'm off now to do some spring-cleaning (which for the record I am NOT excited about). Happy Spring everyone!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sniff, sniff! Do you know that God has used you powerfully in MY life? The grace, courage, and strength you displayed then (and now) was so obviously from Him. He's taught me so much through you, friend. I'm just so honored and thrilled that you're coming our way and I can tell you all this in person!

Sphinxie said...

Unfortunately, this is the weekend where we LOSE an hour. :P