Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Eden Update

I wish I had more news for everyone, but we are in the middle of the waiting game. We have a home inspection next Wednesday from our county worker. She has also requested all of our paperwork from our agency. These are all good signs. We know Eden will be coming home soon, but we don't know when that will be. We are hoping it will be sometime in June.

I am in the process of preparing Princess E's room for Eden's arrival. She's so excited to be sharing a room with her sister. We have bunk beds in there already, so I mainly have to prepare space for Eden's clothing and personal belongings. It's very much like being pregnant and going through the nesting phase. Everything needs to be sorted and cleaned in anticipation of the new arrival. Eden's foster family is sending her home with lots of stuff---toys, boxes of clothes, furniture, and equipment. I'm sure some of that will have to be culled as we unpack it all.

I've been daydreaming about what it will be like to bring her home. There is so much preparation that must be done and then all of sudden she's here. Then what? I keep comparing this process to bringing home a newborn and it is similar is so many ways. You wait 9 months for your baby to arrive and you come home from the hospital and stand in the middle of your living room saying, "What do we do now?". I keep wondering what will our first day be like? Will she adjust quickly? Will WE adjust quickly? So many unknowns...

We continue to stay on our knees in prayer as we navigate these uncharted waters. We know that the Lord has a plan and He doesn't make mistakes. We trust Him completely.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Eagerly anticipating sweet Eden's homecoming, friend! Continuing to pray for your family as you wait for God's perfect timing, asking Him to pour courage into your hearts and meet each need you face. I'm so excited for all of you! XOXO

Christine said...

I found your blog today when reading comments on the Bring the Rain blog. We are starting the process of fostering and adoption from Canada where we live. Both our families can not understand this. How exciting you are close to Eden's homecoming. One of my kids has mild cerebral palsy so I am a little familiar with special needs. Also, I struggled with a rare and very serious blood disorder for several years and now the Dr.'s are astounded I test neg. for it. I can relate to things you say(in your other blog) about it lurking in the back of the mind and your faith being what sustains you. Well, I just saw some similarities and was touched to know there was someone experiencing things in a somewhat similar fashion and staying close to Jesus in the process. I will continue to check into your blog. Blessings