Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life Can Be Funny With A Literal Child

I am finding more and more that Princess E is very literal. Things are very black and white for her. She will correct you if you are wrong about something rather than letting it just roll on by unaddressed. This can be annoying. What adult likes to be corrected by a child--even if the child is right? She isn't rude about it--just very matter-of-fact.

Today I had a moment with her though when her being literal made me laugh out loud. We were on our way to the store and it was pouring rain. It was the kind of rain you can't be in more than a minute without looking like you stepped out of the shower. Here's the conversation

Me: Oh no, would you look at that rain pouring down! ANYTHING would be better than all this rain!

Her: (very seriously) What about crocodiles in your pants? Would they be better than the rain?

Me: (laughing) Well yes, crocodiles in my pants WOULD be worse than the rain.


I love that little girl!!

0 comments: