Monday, June 29, 2009

An Adoption Update

We're still waiting....

I spoke with the caseworker in Florida on Friday. She said that Florida is still waiting on the paperwork to come from Indianapolis. Red tape....it's very frustrating. In today's age of computers, why are we still dealing with paper copies and a slow postal system?

Our paperwork should arrive in Florida any day now. As soon as it does, it will be put into their computer system and then emailed to our caseworker. Once she receives it all, we can go get Eden.

I asked her what she thought the timeframe for all of this should be. She said she thought within a couple of weeks. So now we are hopeful that we will get to bring her home in mid-July. We are so very ready!!

We have a few things to buy before we bring her home, but I haven't allowed myself to purchase them yet--new clothes, a high chair, and hair products to name a few. We have made preparations in the girls' bedroom. Princess E is so excited to be sharing a room with her new sister. We picked out new bedding for the bunkbeds and she's already made space in her closet and dresser for Eden's stuff. It's really sweet. She has such a tender heart.

So as with all adoptive parents....we wait. I know it will all come together when the Lord is ready for it to happen. He knows just the right moment for her to come home. So I sit back and wait knowing this--Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

1 comments:

Theresa said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers as you wait for your new addition. While the process seems lengthy ... it will be well worth it. Hugs to you all, Aunt TC