When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin".
I'm whispering,"I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian", I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's grace, somehow.
I saw this on Facebook, but I don't know who the author is. I think it's beautiful.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
When I Say "I Am A Christian"
Posted by Fran at 7:31 PM
Labels: My Walk With Jesus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I just love it Fran....It is so true. Love you...
Stopped by your blog after you left a comment on Bring the Rain. I know that God led me here, because I want to share this poem with my sister, who is going through an incredibly difficult time. I think this will speak volumes to her. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Kristi (Iowa)
I just love this, Fran. Thank you for posting it. :)
Post a Comment