I can't wait for the weekend to arrive. We are going to to Lake Patoka on Saturday with our friends from church. We're renting a boat and spending the day out on the water swimming, snacking and laughing. There will be lots of laughing. As if that isn't enough to look forward to, my dearest Robin called this morning and is coming down for the weekend!! I haven't seen Robin in over a year. I am thrilled that she will be here and get to share in some summer fun.
As for our sweet Eden...still no news. I wish there were more to report--the silence is deafening. We are heading to Atlanta in two weeks for a wedding. We are hopeful that we will have received word by then and can leave from there to go pick up Eden.
The rest of our summer has been filled with days at the pool, a light spattering of school, hours on the slip-n-slide and general summer laziness. It's been nice. I am looking forward to this weekend at the lake, but already I am beginning to wish for the cooler breezes of autumn and the smells of cinnamon and pumpkins. I know, I know...it's only July. It could be worse, I could be talking crazy about Christmas already!
So I'm off to prepare the guest room for Robin...she'll be here Thursday.
Is it Thursday yet?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Summer Fun
Posted by Fran at 1:53 PM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Mommy G can't wait until this weekend as well....Lots of fun.
exhausted mom.
Post a Comment