I've been running 2 miles each day. For those that know me, you know what a big deal that is for me. I was hopeful that it would budge the scale in the right direction. Not an inch--or a pound. I'm done with the fat!
Today I signed up to do Weight Watchers (WW) online. I'm not much for going to meetings and have done a form of WW in the past. I have never "officially" followed the plan though. I know it works. For me it's about learning a new way to eat. I love my food. I love BUTTER. I love FAT. I love SUGAR. It actually makes me happy to eat. I have to break this cycle. I have to learn to love other things and eat "the good stuff (in my book)" in moderation. So tomorrow I am going to the store to stock up on the right choices. I will begin this journey on Wednesday by weighing in and (after I cry a little) set my resolve to make it a good WW day.
Most of you say, "but you don't need to lose weight". Wrong! Being tall goes a long way and so do Lycra/Spandex fat huggers under your clothes! Based on medical standards I am obese. My goal ultimately is to lose 30 pounds. WW suggested I start with a small start up goal of 5% of my weight--9 pounds. Once I reach that goal, I will set a new one.
Thirty pounds sounds impossible, but I am trying to think of it this way:
1 pound is easy to lose. I just need to lose 1 pound 30 times!
Wish me luck!
Monday, August 10, 2009
I'm Done With the Fat
Posted by Fran at 4:39 PM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment