Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's A Girl!!!

*singing* Here's the story...of a lovely lady...who was bringing up three very lovely girls....

Sound familiar? It's the Brady Bunch theme song. I loved that show when I was a kid. Now it's OUR theme song. That's right...3 girls!! Add in EJ, Elliott and Eric and we have a matched set!

We got the phone call today that after our interview last week, we've been selected for the placement of the 2 year old little girl. She will be a foster-to-adopt placement. We will be required to foster her for 6 months before we can petition the courts to adopt her. We are amazed by the Lord's abundant blessings! We didn't seek this little girl out. The Lord brought her to us. (I'll give more of that story in another post.)

We will begin visitation on Friday. We will go spend time with her in her current foster home on a couple of different occasions. We will then get to have her for the weekend a time or two. Once everyone feels good with the transition, she will be moved to our home permanently.

I would love to post the one picture we have of her, but due to privacy regulations for foster children I am not allowed. I will tell you that she's absolutely adorable and will melt your heart. We are going to change her name. We know at 2 it will be a bit more difficult, but we didn't want her to be the odd kid out. Everyone else has EJK as their initials...she should too. We are still undecided on a middle name, but her first name is going to be Ellie.

We can't wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just so excited for you all! Ellie is a beautiful name!! I didn't realize all had the J for middle initial. How fun. :) Praying for a smooth transition...

Theresa said...

So happy for you, Ed, the boys and the girls! The Lord is so good and shows us all daily how is loves us. Sending you this precious girl is a gift beyond measure. Praying that she can transition quickly into this great family. Looking forward to meeting Ellie and seeing you all soon. With much love and prayers, Aunt TC

Sarah said...

WHOO HOO! And LOVE her name :). Praying for you as your journey to your daughter begins tomorrow.

Unknown said...

beautiful story. and in true FIAR spirit, I must offer up a name...

Ellie Johannah.

It just came to me.

Fran said...

Marcy,
We are actually considering Johannah. We are also thinking about Joyanna.

Thanks for the support!