As we approach summer and finally settling into our new house, I've been thinking about some of the things that I want to accomplish before the end of the season. My two main "projects" revolve around food...surprised? Well neither is my waistline, but I digress.
I want to master bread making. Anyone can throw ingredients in a bread machine and have a semi-decent loaf of bread, but I want to do it "the old-fashioned way". I must admit that I am a bit intimidated, but that's what makes it a challenge right?
My second project is jam/jelly making. I've always wanted to learn how to do this, but again intimidation has kept me far away from those sweet little jelly jars. After reading a friend's blog I was inspired and hope to dive in later this summer. We have a great place for fresh fruit/produce not to far from us. You can go pick your own strawberries, peaches, apples, grapes, etc. This is the perfect opportunity to start making jam! (The Jam Plan...thanks Kelli).
I also want to tackle learning to sew, but I'm going to save that project for the fall and winter I think. I don't want to get to far ahead of myself!!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Summer Projects
Posted by Fran at 4:29 PM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
oo oo!! I wanna learn how to sew too!!
Post a Comment