Autumn is in the air. Ok , so the weather isn't really reflecting that just yet, but I'm so ready for it. This will be my first real autumn. Living in Texas doesn't really give you the autumn experience. Here in Indiana there are already little signs that the seasons are changing. The leaves are starting to turn yellow. Orange, red and brown will soon follow. The air in the morning is already cooler, and I'm eagerly anticipating that first brisk morning while sipping a nice cup of hot cocoa out on the deck. I've changed my table linens to reflect the coming season and have a nice autumn/cider scented candle burning. I'm ready and doing my best to usher it in as soon as possible. This is one of the reasons we chose this part of the country--to enjoy the changing seasons.
With fall comes back to school season too. I started "school" with Princess E this week. While I won't be legally responsible to start homeschooling her for 2 more years, we couldn't put it off any longer. She is so ready to learn to read and is excited about learning. I'm not about to squash that desire just because she is young. Can you believe she'll be 4 next month? We've had a nice week together and I will post some school pictures this weekend so you can see her work.
She also started taking a tumbling class one night a week. She loves her leotard and danced around in circles in the changing room when she first tried it on. Something about dance-wear makes all little girls twirl and pose...why is that?
Friday, September 7, 2007
My Favorite Season
Posted by Fran at 6:43 AM
Labels: Homeschooling, Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I WANT TO COME BACK!!!!!!
how many points are in a piece of pumpkin pie???
Hi! I just nominated you for a blog award. See www.goodfruity.blogspot.com for details
Post a Comment