The first week of 2008 has come and gone. I hope the rest of the year doesn't fly by as fast. As a child I always heard adults complaining that time passed quickly, but I never understood what they meant. I guess it means I'm officially an adult now because I completely understand this sentiment. Ed and I will have been married 7 years in April. Princess E is 4 going on 14. We've already been up here 1 year. I've been finished with chemotherapy 2 years this spring. When did time begin to move so quickly for me?
This is the first week back to our normal routine since the holidays began. Tonight we will return to church for Awanas. Tomorrow evening my women's bible study will reconvene. I have really missed that weekly time of fellowship. Our only change is that Princess E's tumbling class is over, and we probably won't search for anything new until the fall. We are anticipating the busyness that will come in the next few months as we prepare to foster/adopt. The process is a bit trying and very much hurry-up-and-wait. We have submitted our application with the agency and are now waiting on our 4 personal references questionnaires (not relatives) to be returned. We will then begin wading through the mountains of paperwork, background checks, fingerprints, life stories, etc., etc. We will have 20 hours of training to complete this spring as well as CPR/first aid certification. When all is said and done, we should be "official" by the first of summer. It seems like a lifetime away. Once we are official we can also begin pursuing adoption of children that are already in the system. We have a few children in mind already, but can't find out much about them until we are "official". Ideally we want to adopt straight away and then be open to fostering other children as well (hopefully with the possibility of adopting). Fostering is technically temporary with the goal being reunification with the birth parents. Sadly this doesn't happen all of the time and those children eventually become adoptable once the state terminates the parents' rights to the child. The foster family that has the child in question is usually given the option to adopt.
There is so much to think about and so much excitement in the house. Princess E is ready for a sister or two or three. I know the challenges ahead are big, but I also know that when you are walking in the Lord's plan for you...it's easy. It is all so clear.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Where Does The Time Go?
Posted by Fran at 1:15 PM
Labels: Adoption, Foster Children, Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Joining you in prayer throughout this exciting new season, friend!
I always new you would do something amazing in your life.You are an inspiration to me.
Love you dearly, Bridget
I like the new look to your blog. Looks great! I'm thrilled to know things are moving right along for you and your family. Praying. :)
Missy
Post a Comment