
Tonight I experienced my first yoga class. Now I have attempted yoga before via DVD, but it was never like this. The instructor's name was Cindy. She is teaching this class for a group of ladies at our church. We are doing it strictly for the strength and flexibility aspects and leaving all the mystic, new age nonsense out of it. We are meeting every Monday for 8 weeks, and I'm already excited about the next class. I left feeling really good with a hint of "oh I'm going to feel this tomorrow". For those that have never tried yoga before, here is my tip list.
1. Don't eat a meatball sandwich for dinner before you run off to class. Burping meatballs while in downward dog isn't pleasant.
2. Be sure you are among close friends as passing gas is apparently not uncommon in yoga class. Who knew?
3. Don't get your ego ahead of you...just when you think you are doing the pose right your instructor will come by and bend you in ways you didn't think were possible.
All in all, it was a good night.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Yoga
Posted by Fran at 9:50 PM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Oh Fran, you had me laughing! I'm not quite as brave as you...to try yoga! LOL! But I sure am proud of YOU, my friend!! :)
Post a Comment