Thursday, February 5, 2009

Frozen

We are finally beginning to thaw out. The Winter Storm of 2009 blew through here last week. We had arctic temperatures and lots of snow and ice. We went without power and phone service for 4 days. Thankfully we have a fireplace so we didn't completely freeze. We also have the numerous blankets that I've collected over the years. I have a thing about throwing out blankets. In fact I didn't realize it until we started pulling blankets out of every nook and cranny. I own a lot of blankets! In this scenario a little OCD about blankets came in handy! We had plenty for us as well as our friends that stayed with us during the power outage. Their house temperature was down to 29 when they came over here to camp out for a few days. We employed every method available to stay warm. This was Princess E's solution:
staying warm winter storm 2009

It is now several days since the storm and we still have snow and ice on the ground. I didn't capture any photos at the height of the storm, but here are a few I did get.
first big snow 2009

ice and snow 2009

frozen 2009

It has been a crazy week. I praise the Lord for electricity!

3 comments:

Jen U. said...

So glad you guys have electricity! The pictures are beautiful but boy they do look cold!

Erica Jeffrey said...

Brrr! I wouldn't even know what to do! I thought no power after a hurricane is bad...well when I am stuck in the house with Mom. Ivan and Katrina was interesting with her! Gotta love her! Have fun in Disney!

rainydaymichele said...

Great pictures, Fran! I'm sorry you were without power (been there...two years ago), but thankful you had a fireplace and lots of warm blankets! I like your dd's solution the best. ;)

Blessings~