One week has passed since we picked up Eden. Most people assume our lives would be turned upside down when we took on this little girl. We didn't know if they would be right. I'm happy to report that life has pretty much remained the same. Yes, MY day looks a bit different, but for the most part life is running as usual.
What we've learned about Eden this week:
1. She has the greatest laugh when tickled.
2. She loves to eat. Macaroni and cheese is the best. Green peas are not.
3. She has an attitude. She had me going with the pitiful crying early on in the week, but I quickly discovered she can turn it on and off like a faucet. Clever girl...but I will not be controlled. :)
4. She likes to "talk" in the middle of the night. She doesn't say any words we recognize, but she definitely is talking about something. Thankfully she'll go back to sleep eventually without requiring us to get out of bed.
We are all adjusting well. Princess E has her moments of being very involved and then she moves on as if Eden has always been here--nothing new to see. We feel like this is a good transition for her. Her biggest complaint is that Eden makes a lot of noise. It's true. She can be a bit noisy. She doesn't have volume control. If she's "talking" or crying, it's LOUD. We've been working on that this week. Some of it just comes with her condition, but I think more of it is that she's never had anyone tell her that's not okay. She's making improvements each day. I can't wait to get her into therapy and see the leaps and bounds that she will make.
Thanks for all of the lovely cards and gifts you've sent. We appreciate the support so much.
Friday, September 4, 2009
One Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Love the pictures! Glad you are all doing well and enjoying your new little girl!! I talked to Dustin yesterday and he said they were just looking at the pictures you sent. Looking forward to more photos and news. Cali and Storie are ready for Emma to come back for our next tea party.
Love to all,
Aunt Ruby
Post a Comment