It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted, so I thought I'd write a catch-up post.
Eden: Life with her is full of joy. She has a smile and laugh that will light up a room. She has adjusted nicely. We are still waiting on her medical card to come in so that we can begin therapy with her. We are extremely excited to see the progress she will make. It's as if she has always been part of our family. The Lord has knit her into the fabric of our hearts and lives. I love that about HIM.
Princess E: Where to start? She's a reader. She LOVES to read. She has loved books from the very beginning. She is reading chapter books now. She is loving the American Girl series. In fact, not much is cooler than American Girls right now.
She is also participating in Angel Wings. This is a sign language ministry. The girls learn how to sign to Christian songs and then perform at nursing homes around the community. She really enjoys it.
She is also busy planning her and Eden's birthday party. They both have October birthdays. This year's theme: Cowgirls. It should be lots of fun.
School is going great. We are about 1/3 of the way through the year already. I'm already making preliminary plans for her 1st grade year. I will be adding in more extras as she is blowing through the basic curriculum. This is great, but makes the school day a bit boring I think. I will have to get a bit more creative.
Ed: Is busy with work of course. He makes me so very proud. He's not one to toot his own horn, so I'll do it for him. He was awarded Director of the Year for his region which I think covers 3 or 4 states. He loves what he does and it shows in his work.
His foot has healed nicely. It isn't perfect, but the doctors told him it would never be the same. I'm just happy to have him all in one piece.
Me: I am settling into life as a mother of two. It hasn't been hard so far, but has required a revamping of my laundry schedule. It's amazing what adding 1 person to the house does to the laundry. Shopping isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I push the cart and Princess E pushes Eden. We've managed to do all of our normal errands without much fuss.
I'm steadily losing weight doing Weight Watchers Online. I love this program! I've lost 10 pounds so far. I have also been running a couple of miles a day. It really is about having your mind in the right place. When you finally are READY...you WILL get healthy.
I got tired of my hair a few weeks ago and felt the need to simplify. It was long and I loved it when it was fixed, but I had come to the place of always wearing it up in a scrunchy--looking ratty. Sunday was about the only day I ever styled it. What's the point? So I did this:
What do you think?
All in all, we are blessed. Life is great right now and I really do feel like I'm living my Happily Ever After. I am enjoying that fall is creeping in. The leaves are beginning to turn and the weather is starting to change. And for those of you that know me, you know that Christmas is already starting to trickle out of me. I know most people are moaning about Christmas stuff being out already (Robin), but I LOVE it!! I've already walked the aisles of Hobby Lobby daydreaming about the decorations, music, food and traditions. I can't wait. The only thing holding me back is the girls' birthday party. After October 10th....Christmas is ON!!
So that's life at our house right now....BLESSED.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Playing Catch-up
Posted by Fran at 8:05 AM
Labels: Life at our house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
This blog made me cry..I just love your family and your all so sweet and loving back. Your new due is beautiful on you by the way its you. Yes, Eden is already showing signs of growth already. Fran your doing a wonderful job. Of course my little Ms. E is the joy of my life she is so sweet. YA, Mr. Ed your the best great job. Hugs to you all. I am right with you Fran Christmas is coming YA HOOO!
LOVE THE HAIR!! YOU WILL FIND THAT IT IS SO MUCH EASIER ON YOUR DAY..NO MATTER WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK....THE GIRLS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE DOING GREAT AND I KNOW THAT YOU AND ED ARE BLESSED IN ALL YOU DO.
LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS...MOM
Oh my goodness! Your hair is ADORABLE!! I love it!! :) I'm so happy to read your happy update. I have been praying for you guys and am so thrilled that the transition has not been too difficult for any of you.
Thanks for the update. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear that all is well. Miss Eden is adorable. Princess E reading chapter books ... great. Congrats to Ed on his award ... he's always number one to me. And, you our lovely Fran ... you are amazing. I love the hair. Hugs and kisses to you all... Aunt Theresa (TC)
Love your hair, Fran!! Sooo cute. I am so with you in the 'it's time to cut the hair when all I do is put it in a ponytail every day'. That is me to a tee! LOL. :) Love you, friend, and so happy to see that Eden has settled in nicely with you. :) *happy sigh*
Post a Comment